Saturday 26 March 2011

Rhett’s Black & Red Cube Analog

18th March / near Lloyd George Avenue

Rhett writes . . .

“Stolen from the bike racks behind my apartment block, off Ffordd Garthorne, near Lloyd George Avenue. It was stolen on Friday night, 18th March 2011, between 8pm and 6am. My bike (and my girlfriend's bike) were locked to the racks with Abus Millennio series locks. My bike was locked with the Abus Millennio cable lock, and hers with the Abus Millennio D lock. Mine was cut straight through with a boltcutter, they attacked hers but could not cut through it.
My bike was a 2011 Cube Analogue Comp Disc hardtail mountain bike, 18" frame, it had/has a cateye light on the front and a Specialized bottle cage. I had removed the seat post so it was stolen with no seat. It was otherwise stock, no stickers or damage. Colour scheme is grey, black and red. It was 4 weeks old, and it lasted 5 nights locked outside our apartment in the bike racks provided.

I guess it proves that D locks are better than cable locks, even if they are of the same brand and specification. Also, I will never leave a bike locked outside my house every night, as I believe the thieves must do laps of the bike racks each week.”

No comments:

Post a Comment